Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Preview Day Two

So today we have a "practice" round of the Socratic method and my goodness it is so intimidating. You sit there and listen to the professor ask questions to other students and you can't truly understand why it seems like they are flubbing up these questions that are right there in black and white. Until you get called on. And you have eighty eyes just staring at you. And they're all waiting to hear what you have to say and all you want is for whatever comes out of your mouth to be somewhat coherant. Your heart is pounding (and as a result your pulse is racing), your mouth becomes dry, and everything you read the night before just flies out of your head. But then you say something, it's right or it's wrong, and (as long as you don't have that professor) you won't be berated within an inch of your sanity and then you'll move on. You'll be okay.

Now the one thing I realized I have to figure out before the first day is how I am going to take notes. I know I am going to use OneNote because it's infintely better than Word, but I found out that I don't want my briefs on the same page as my regular notes, but I also don't want to have to click back and forth and try to keep track of where the notes go. If anyone has any tips, feel free...

One good thing about this is meeting new people and reinforcing the fact that some first impressions of people may not always be correct. I am learning that some people act differently when in smaller groups and they may not be so bad. Also (if you don't understand this, you weren't meant to) I am to only one. But it's not such a bad thing. So today was pretty intense, but simultaneously laid back. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Who links to my website?