Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekly Recap #7

So these recaps are getting later and later in the weekend each week. It's an amazing thing to look at because I think it's a direct correlation to (a) how much work I'm receiving and (b) my ultimate comprehension. The primary reason that the recap is so drastically late this week is because I have midterms coming up and I have been pulling eight hour days this entire weekend. It's crazy for me because I have never had to study like this. School (except for math) has always come fairly easy to me. All through undergrad my best papers have come from all-nighters, but luckily I realized before I got here that I can't do that anymore. But to be spending eight hours a day just studying is bananas to me. But I do it because I have to. Now understand I don't study for eight hours straight because I would at some point burn out and stop retaining what I'm reading and that would be so counterproductive. So what I do is I take little breaks and watch some shows that I want to watch during the week, but can't. The list includes:
  • FlashForward
  • The View
  • Bones
  • Dollhouse
  • Smallville

I figured that if I take two one hour breaks for each eight hour study period, I can stay up on my shows and my schoolwork. Cause law school is all about compromise. So I'm compromising by not watching my shows until the weekend. It was a hard decision, but it had to be made. :-D

Now before I wrap things up I have a question for those who have been in my position. I have my outlines started and they are coming along, but when it comes to the actual application it's harder. I want to do hypos and I have received some from the professor, but they are section specific meaning they just focus on one thing say offer and acceptance so I don't have to look to any other part of my outline to make sure that it's good. Now my first thought would be to go to the professors old exams, but there are none available. So what do I do? Please help me.

Well that's it for the week and all you other 1L's keep on truckin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Who links to my website?