Monday, July 6, 2009

As If There Is Not Enough To Be Ashamed Of.

In the beginning I would assume that Marion Barry seemed so promising to the people of Washington D.C. A good Black man who looked like he was in it for the people and not the promotion of himself. But then he got caught in a police sting in a hotel room with a prostitute SNORTING COCAINE! I mean I don't know that much about drugs but it seems that cocaine is like the king of drugs (correct me if I'm wrong). So a reasonable person would believe that his political career is over, but sadly (apparently) the reasonable minds of the American public went on a vacation; hopefully somewhere warm.

So after a six-month federal prison term Barry went on to run for a City Council seat with the slogan "He May Not Be Perfect, But He's Perfect for D.C." Now is it me or is that an underhanded insult? But I digress, the most perplexing thing about this is that HE WON. Now in the words of Chris Rock "if you get caught smoking crack at McDonald's you can't get your job back. They not gonna trust you around the Happy Meals...How you gonna tell little kids to not get high when the Man is on crack. 'Don't get high, you won't be nothing.' 'I could be mayor!' " Really, I mean does it get any truer than that?

That is bad, but what is worse is that Barry went on to ANOTHER term as mayor and then announced his intention to challenge Council Member At-Large Phil Mendelson for the Democratic Primary, but had to withdraw due to the fact that the U.S. Park Police found traces of marijuana and cocaine IN HIS CAR! That was in 2002 and in 2004 was RE-ELECTED for his former City Council seat. Now I think we need to sit back and think about this for a moment. The man is an admitted drug user and people continue to re-elect him to make important decisions about their lives?! I mean his decisions obviously can't be any worse than our last president, but c'mon people. Now the man has be arrested for allegedly stalking his ex-girlfriend. I think someone's rights to make decisions for himself (and the people of D.C.) permanently revoked because it is obviously too much responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Who links to my website?