Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekly Recap #1.2

So, not a full week back and already I am glad that I have tomorrow off. I am going to have to do some re-reading and continue to focus on the summer job search. But we'll get to that later.

First I have three new classes, Crim, Con Law, and Property, and as a result three new professors. Professor Con Law describes herself as a "crazy commie lesbo" and is amazing. I have NEVER seen a professor hold the attention of every peron in the class for consecutive classes, but she has and (I imagine) will continue to do so. Professor Crim is interesting and I'm interested in the class, but Professor Property is new and nervous. He obviously loves the material, but we'll see what kind of evals come back at the end of the semester. I'm hoping that he was just nervous and as we progress he'll gain a stronger footing, but well we'll see...

Now the job search is the bane to every law student (especially now with the serious lack of job options) and I am no different. There are so many options. Do you want government, judicial, private, sector, non-profit? Should you stay in the state or leave? the list just goes on and although they try, people at school don't always make it any easier. And then to find out that you're not just competing with people in your school, but also the other law school in the state as well as people who have left the state, but want to come back home to make connections. Add that to all of the out-of-work attorneys and it's a surprise that we're not all just lined up at the nearest McDonald's. But you have to have hope and that is what propels me further along into the Career Development website hoping and praying that the job that will provide me with the best learning expereince is out there and hasn't already been snatched away. But we'll see...

So all you other 1.5L's how do you feel now that you're back?

3 comments:

  1. I feel older but not wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frustrated that I have no grades and no clue where I'll be working but I take comfort in the fact that I'm not alone :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Who links to my website?